Every ritual we create is unique as the focus or intention changes. However, within each ritual there is a structure that helps provide continuity and a sense of completeness. When one of these "ingredients" is missing, it's more difficult to delve deep and create community. This structure is:
1. Grounding, such as: blessing/cleansing, smudging, calling in the directions, drumming, anything that supports getting centered, feeling the group energy and letting daily “doings” drop away.
2. A reminder of the history of the celebration and what it represents.
3. A time to go within through visualization, quiet time, meditation.
4. A time to share and get in touch with each other.
5. A time to celebrate and be touched by the Mystery, nature, and of connecting with each other and our inner selves.
6. Closing the circle in the same way each time, creating a feeling of continuity.